Monday, September 01, 2008

New Table and Thresherman's Parade

I our town we have a big thresherman's reunion with all kinds of steam powered tractors running sawmills, threshers and such. I didn't make it out to the thresher's park but if you follow the link you can see what it is all about. There's all kinds of tractors and farming history on display. My brother in law has a collection of tractors and farming equipment and he always takes one of them to the reunion. This one is still owned by his mother. There is a parade on Sunday with lots of tractors, floats, bands, clowns and acts. This was the first time my little nephew ever rode in the parade and he was so excited.

A new addition to the parade was this Mexican vaquero group. Wonderful addition and very entertaining.
More horses...they and the bands are always my favorites.
And here is my new table made by Sharon in place on our back porch. I just love it. The middle (red) part is a lazy susan and my nephew loves to spin it. I think it's so cute ...and definitely different from anything anyone else around has! We're also really enjoying the red table and chairs. We got them from Kmart this spring. I'm thinking about painting the glider red too.

You can see in this photo how close the neighboring house is. We had a nice row of lilacs in there...it made a leafy screen and also had a cooling effect. Last year we had a very late cold snap that killed a lot of lilacs and other shrubs around here. Now I'm trying to decide what to plant there. I think I might go with some kind of evergreen...it would give the birds some cover in winter and also make a nice buffer between the houses.

6 comments:

Peggy said...

I enjoyed the parade...my favorite is also the bands...I wish there were more marching in it. I really liked the Mexican group...I didn't see a banner so had no idea who they were. I thought the parade held a somber note this year...not just during the memorial part, but throughout. Was that just in our area (the beginning of the parade route), in my imagination, or did you feel that too?

I think your new table made by Sharon is adorable! It goes very well with all the other things on your porch. That table and chair set is also nice...I hadn't seen that yet. And, of course, I am LOVING that you are going red...my favorite color.

I hope you can find something to grow nicely between the homes. We have that "closeness" also and there isn't much we can do about it.

Jan~Feather Your Nest Antiques said...

That table looks too cool in your room. It's perfect. I have put Sharon's shop on my list of places to go. Now I just have to find some time to get there. Looks like you had a good time for Labor Day.

Jennifer said...

Fun table!

That Girl Ang said...

The table fits right in!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love what you've done with your porch. It's great and the table is the chery on top--so original!
Kelly

Anonymous said...

The chair and tables (red) are just darling. The blue table is fascinating. Is it made with thrifted pieaces? So fun.