Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Day 5.....Winona Lake to Fort Wayne!

We finally got Joe's tire fixed early in the morning...or I should say, Joe fixed it while I slept in. Then we had a great breakfast and headed out towards Fort Wayne. We had beautiful weather today!

Saw lots of lovely farms, and had lunch in Columbia City at a little spot called Oliver's on the square. It's a good place to eat if you are ever passing through!

Today we rode a total of 4o miles and Grandpa didn't even have to pick us up!

Eventually, after riding tons of hills, we arrived at my sister's home in Fort Wayne. I'm thoroughly ready for some serious relaxation. We rode 213 miles on the bikes, and Grandpa carried us 20 miles in his truck...I'm happy with that and pretty proud that we made it!

What did I learn today?
  • I love the way Indiana looks...I suppose because it looks like home to me.
  • The last day seems to go so much faster no matter how long you are biking-probably because the end is in sight. It's all in your mind!

4 comments:

Renee said...

What a great ride, I'm so impressed. :)

Rebecca said...

I didn't have time to read through all your old posts....just enough to know if you'd kept going through Fort Wayne about 6 miles east on 37, you would have found US. We have garden art/whimsy/junk depending on your perspective and would have offered you a nap in our tiny cabin in our back yard. You can see some of our garden stuff on my garden blog: sceneinourgarden.blogspot.com

I'd love to figure out where you actually live :)

Rebecca said...

What a SMALL world! I spent my elementary school years in GRIDLEY. In college I worked one summer at Salem Children's Home (Flanagan).

Our son now lives in Eureka. We were just there last Monday & Tuesday - drove through Chenoa (highway 24) to get there.

sonia a. mascaro said...

Souns a great ride! Congratulations!