Friday, September 05, 2008

Heavens to Betsy, it's a sock!

This is by far the hardest thing I've ever knit. I've done some baby sweaters with cables and things, but this is the first thing with short rows and so many decreases. And here's what I've learned:
~Read the directions carefully.
~Follow them, even if you think they don't make sense.
Amazing....but if you do this, it actually works!

Now, I was able to pick up the stitches that Hawkeye ripped out. I just didn't touch it until I felt I had an abundance of patience and some time to sit and work on it. Later I had some problems when I read the first half of a sentence in the pattern and forgot the last half....that's unusual for me. Usually my problem is I adhere to the directions (or rules if a game, life, etc.) to the letter. In some cases that ties you up creatively...but not in knitting! In knitting it seems to be ever so important.

4 comments:

Peggy said...

I am soooo impressed! I can't wait to see you wear it. You ARE going to make a second one, aren't you? LOL
And I think you had better get it done soon...it's getting COLD! BRRRR!

Anonymous said...

I too am impressed. I can knit, but have only knitted slippers, scarves and golf club covers believe it or not!!! I am going to try something else this winter. I love to knit.

Hugs,
LeAnn:)

Anonymous said...

Whoa, you are good. Now I really have to finish those mitten :).
My husband and I have always wanted to go to see Threshers event. Looks like a lot of fun your parade.

Anonymous said...

P.S....I love your new blog look. Very nice.