Sunday, September 20, 2009

Day 2-Pooped

Yes, that's me collapsed resting by the side of the road. It's nice to have a husband who makes sure to highlight your best moments. We were supposed to go 60 miles today. At about 28 miles it started raining, which sucks the fun right out of riding. At 30 miles my father-in-law tracked us down and offered to take us to lunch at a restaurant 15 miles closer to Rensselaer and the B&B. You can imagine how fast I leaped at that offer. I'm a lightweight. I admit it. So we ended up doing 45 against the wind again today. I really think I have a chance of doing 60 if we could just get the wind to lay down...or better yet push us!

What did I learn today?
  • Rain sucks if you are bike riding.
  • Don't be too proud to accept help. We'll still get where we're going and we're still biking a lot.
  • Whirlpool baths are fabulous things.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness for Dad. I know when you finish the ride you will feel a real sense of accomplishment.

Rhonda said...

I thought about you when it was raining so hard today. I was hoping that it wasn't raining on you during your ride but obviously my hopes were in vain. I'm glad you were able to get a little lift on your way. Thank goodness for thoughtful dads, right?

Hope you have a better day tomorrow!

Jeff and Tracy and the Blue Willow poodles said...

Am loving reading about your bike ride! I can't believe that you would actually try to ride that far!! Hurray for the both of you! I know you can do it! What an adventure though! Tracy and Jeff

Renee said...

Wishing you a sunny day and a tailwind for the rest of your ride!

Unknown said...

It was good to see you and Joe again. We're glad the soak in the jacuzzi hit the spot! Come back to The White House on Park Avenue any time!

-Fred & Sally