Saturday, October 11, 2008

Second Sock and Painting the House (does it ever end?)

I think I'm on my way to avoiding "second sock syndrome." Today I finished the ribbing on the second sock, knit the heel flap and turned the heel. It's all coming so much easier to me on the second sock. Short rows for the heel turn and all the decreasing and picking up stitches, etc. is new to me in this project. In the future I can use these techniques to make sweaters that fit a woman's curves. That's the hope anyway! LOL And they are a small project that I can finish relatively quickly.

Now, on the house. Joe and our son fixed our garage door (again) and hopefully it will make it through one more year. Then DS worked on priming some more. He had to quit for a while there because it rained for a few days. Now he's gone for the rest of the weekend visiting some friends at the university. Tomorrow I'm going to put the first coat of paint on the first side he primed.


Joe got back up on the scaffolding to scrape the gingerbread on the last bit of the front of the house that needs painting. I'll have to take some pics tomorrow. It's supposed to be nice this week and we have to make hay while the sun shines. Or I should say we have to paint while the sun shines. Then we can pack up all the paint for the winter. I sooo hope we get this last bit of the front finished and the garage all nice and freshly painted. Then I will feel good going into the winter.

2 comments:

Peggy said...

I can't wait to see you wear your socks. I've never known anyone that knitted socks.

So will this last bit of painting mean the whole house is now painted? I love the color of your house...it was a good choice then and still is.

pedalpower said...

Well, the sides need to be painted again. Especially the side towards the next door neighbor. I'm kind of hoping that I can get him to agree to hiring that done...then the whole house could be done at one time. And he could do something fun when he's not working.

Thanks for the compliment on the color. I still like it as much as I did way back when...but it fades a lot in the sun. That's another reason I'd like to see the rest of it painted next summer...so it could all fade together and you wouldn't even notice it.