Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Vintage Embroidery

These linens are part of an estate that I am cleaning up to sell at the shop. I don't think the towels above have ever been used though a couple are yellowed from age. There are quite a few collectors of black Americana. I know that they are not politically correct images these days...but history and vintage items are what they are. They show a glimpse into a past we need to remember. It makes me wonder what the images we choose to decorate our goods with today will say about us in the future.
These two little girls are rather worn but still charming. They are embroidered on pillow slips and hand colored beneath the stitching.
I'm taking these home with me to wash them while I try to get my sewing room/studio straightened out. What a mess. I'm still moving the stuff from one room to the other so we can get Mike moved in this weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They might be too old but there are still cute with the simplicity of the design. I like more the lady in a Hawaiian attire.

Jennifer Perkins said...

Hey I have the hula lady pillow too!