Sunday, August 03, 2008

Home Again, Home Again

To market, to market to buy a fat hog.
Home again, home again, jiggety jog.

To market, to market to buy a fat pig.
Home Again, Home Again, jiggety jig.

That little rhyme is how my shop got it's name. We say that little rhyme whenever we come home from a trip. And I like the idea of all the vintage treasures finding a home again.


Today I spent the day rearranging to make room for new merchandise. It's challenging and fun since most of the things are one of a kind to our shop. No multiples.



This week I've got some great girls helping out in the shop so I can have some time off. I'm going to spend some time at home catching up on things and some time out and about. I'm hoping I'll even get to visit the shops of some of my online friends.

Tomorrow I'm going to try and make some more progress on getting our bedroom done! I'm doing a better job of keeping up at the shop than I am at home. I loved staying home, and I know it sounds crazy to all of you who work and seem to keep up with everything, but I'm still struggling with it. Maybe one of these days I'll get the hang of it, or maybe I'll start setting it up so everyone else can help more. Or maybe things will remain messy until I stay home again... Ack! I'm pretty sure that's not a good option! LOL My sister and I were talking about this the other day. She says since she's started working again, deep cleaning just doesn't happen as often...but she neatens and straightens and spot cleans much more. I think that's what I need to do: get rid of my all or nothing mentality. Any hints on how to find a nice balance?

7 comments:

Jan~Feather Your Nest Antiques said...

Hope your plans include a trip to my shop!

Vickie said...

I love your shop - wish I wasn't so far away - I'm sure I could find something for my cottage farmhouse there.

Looks like you had a good vacation at your family cottage on the lake. Our lake is much the same. The cottages are disappearing and the big fancy homes are being built. I think the lake property taxes have gone up so much, it's forcing the little people out and the wealthy are buying up the property and building posh monstrosities. Kinda sad... You hang on to yours! It's so cute!
Have a great week - thanks for stopping by! Vickie

pedalpower said...

Jan, I'm hoping to come!

Vickie, you are so right. Property values on the lake are out of sight...we are so fortunate to have one handed down to us. There are actually people buying a little cottage for 3 or 4 hundred thousand dollars....and then right away they tear it down and build a enormous home. It boggles the mind. And I think it's too bad too, because most people in a middle to low upper income level are selling out. And only the wealthy can afford to buy in now. We're trying to hang on to ours!

Peggy said...

I can't wait to see how you've changed things in person!

You know perfection is an area where we are EXACTLY alike! LOL The only advice I have for you is to make a list of what needs to be done...then do what you can today...carry over what you can't for tomorrow...then keep adding to the end and keep working the list. Now if only I could take my own advice...I do, but I go in spurts. I stress myself out!

Anonymous said...

i love your taste and how you put everything together.. your blog is eye candy!!! thank you!

Anonymous said...

I love visiting your blog. I think you have a real gift for staging. Maybe you should offer your services on the side for real estate agents. There is something so artistic and pleasing about your vignettes=) Keep bringing us the photos, please.

Anonymous said...

I see some things that I would love to get. I just might have to make another trip your way.
Hey, I tagged you with a meme if you want to play.