Monday, January 08, 2007

Joe Recycles, Reuses

Joe did a neat reuse project with his old duffle bag...he turned it into a log carrier (we have a lot of fires in the fireplace). The bag had a broken zipper and was just like this one...which is his new one.
He cut the ends off... and across the top on each side, close to where the handles attach. Note the concentration on his face. Cracks me up, that man. So serious.
Works great and is easier on the arms and sleeves than carrying wood in your bare arms!

Here's a poll I got at Starrgirl's:
1. Explain what ended your last relationship? I'm still in my last relationship...almost 25 years.
2. When was the last time you shaved? Last night.
3. What were you doing this morning at 8 a.m.? Brushing my teeth getting ready for work
4. What were you doing 15 minutes ago? Taking pictures for stuff I'm putting on eBay
5. Are you any good at math? I'm good enough to get along alright
6. Your prom night? Was fun...I went with Joe. We've known each other that long. And we double dated with my sister and the boy who is now her husband! Occasionally those high school romances do work out!
7. Do you have any famous ancestors?Nope.
8. Have you had to take a loan out for school? Gosh yes. I was absolutely broke when I was in college.
9. Do you know the words to the song on your myspace profile? Don't have one.
10. Last thing received in the mail? A new Home Companion magazine-yea!!
11. How many different beverages have you had today? 2: water and diet coke
12. Do you ever leave messages on peoples answering machine? Sure. Otherwise I'd never reach anyone.
13. Who did you lose your CONCERT virginity to? Little River Band
14. Do you draw your name in the sand when you go to the beach? Naturally...doesn't everyone?
15. What was the most painful dental procedure you have had? all four impacted wisdom teeth out at once
16. What is out your back door? A screened-in porch...one of my favorite places in the summer.
17. Any plans for Friday night? Maybe go to see the movie Miss Potter
18. Do you like what the ocean does to your hair? My hair looks bad most of the time...being by the ocean just gives me a great and pleasant excuse for it!
19. Have you ever received one of those big tins of 3 different popcorns? No.
20. Have you ever been to a planetarium? Yup, several. Adler in Chicago is great!
21. Do you re-use towels after you shower? Sure for a few days...we'd be doing laundry 24/7 otherwise
22. Some things you are excited about? I'm excited about drawing and going to see the show Wicked pretty soon. I'm excited that I'm finally getting my basement organized....quite the exciting life I lead.
23. What is your favorite flavor of JELLO? Cherry
24. Describe your keychain. Church key, home key, car key, bike key. Discount cards for supermarket and sporting good store. Unfortunately that keyring is, ahem, misplaced not lost, Joe, so I'm using a spare.
25. Where do you keep your change? In pockets and all over the bottom of my purse...see how organized I am?
26. Do you sleep with the door to your room open or closed? Open a crack
27. Did you read this far? Consider yourself tagged.That would be me!!

3 comments:

SimoneladybugKnits said...

Luv the idea of re-using and he did a n awesome job :-)

Jane LaFazio said...

hey, is that the same guy that was in that old wedding photo! ha. Fun to see. He's aged gracefully and handsomely, and I love how proud he looks of his wood carrier!

pedalpower said...

Yup Jane, that's him...I think he's pretty good lookin too!