Sunday, July 04, 2010

Nook Book

I got an early birthday present today...Joe and the kids got me a Nook! I've been thinking about getting a Nook or a Kindle, and finally decided on a Nook. I always find this kind of stuff confusing at first....well, who am I kidding, I still don't really have the whole ipod thing figured out. Anyway, so far I've managed to get this thing registered, charged up, bought a book, and started reading. It's very easy on the eyes, and you can change the font size from tiny to huge and anything inbetween. That could be very handy if I ever get caught without my reading glasses.

I do love real books...I like the pages, the smell of the ink, and this will not replace an art book or any actual book where the illustrations are important. I think it will be great on trips though...load up books and take off with them all in this one little pad. Should make my tote bag a lot lighter! And if I manage to get caught up and need to buy more, I can do it through wifi connection or 3G. I'll be sure to let you know what I think as I try it out further.

2 comments:

jake said...

I was eying one of those a few days ago. Im curious, does it have any sort of back light for night time?

:) 1916home

pedalpower said...

It does not have a backlight, but the cover I'm eyeing for it does have a small light built in...like a booklight for night. The display on this is quite easy on the eyes, no eyestrain like I tend to get after looking at a computer screen for a long while. It truly is much like reading off of a regular book, but you can adjust the font to multiple sizes.