Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Chalkboard Paint at the Shop

Since I already have a black and white and taupe kind of thing going on at the shop, I was inspired by this article in Cloth, Paper, Scissor's Studios Magazine to paint my office door with chalkboard paint. This is the studio of Kristin Krause. Check out her blog by clicking on her name.
So I got busy and painted a couple of coats of chalkboard paint on the door, and then used artists acrylics to paint details. You can see in the little sign above, I used chalk (clever, I know) to draw some guidelines on the door.
 (as always, click on the pic to see it larger)
I think it turned out kind of neat, and now we can leave notes for each other right on the door, too. This is a good technique if you can't draw a straight line...because straight is not necessary!

2 comments:

Peggy said...

That is soooo cool! Now I want to paint my kitchen door in chalkboard paint!

Unknown said...

That is a great idea for chalkboard paint. It doesn't just have to be for kids. :0)