Friday, July 10, 2009

Crafty Goodness at the Lake

We went to the lake for the 4th of July. It was beautiful...the fireworks were loud and bright and lasted pretty much all night...perfect! But what I was really excited about was this:
Apparently the young ones are discovering knitting. This is my niece, Nicole. She is just learning to knit and is making a baby blanket for a friend.
The scarf on the left is Angelica's...she's loom knitting it. The one in the orange bikini is my daughter, Colleen. She's making a hat for a friend's baby. In the background is my sis, drawing in her sketchbook. Usually I'm the only one who brings up knitting, so I was so excited to come in and find all these young ones knitting away and chatting!
Here's the first sock of Jen's birthday pair. It's a pattern called Milo out of the wonderful new book by Cookie A. Complicated patterns...but really beautiful! If you buy the book, be sure to print out the errata...it's got a lot of corrections.

2 comments:

Judy said...

I love the fireworks pic...Awesome! and I love the sock. I have to get back into finishing the ones I started. Too much going on.
I love how the "younger" ones are starting to knit, that's great!

Unknown said...

How fun that your family is sharing your love of crafting and knitting. It's fun to have something like that in common. I'm glad you had a nice time at the lake.

allison
www.mycozyhome.typepad.com