Monday, June 04, 2007

Morton Arboretum

I want to thank everyone for their emails and thoughts since I posted about Louie. Your kindness means so much. We miss him every day.

Joe and I visited Morton Arboretum on Saturday. It was a lovely day.

The cicadas were everywhere...and the sound they make is straight out of a sci-fi movie.

View as you come out of the arboretum library.

A quiet little reading garden off of the library reading room.And espaliered Ginko in the reading garden. I have never seen this done with a Ginko before. Very beautiful.
Cute little guys and gals everywhere....they have a great children's garden...with lots of water to play in!


Sculpture by Patrick Dougherty entitled Xanadu. Beautiful.

They have an awesome treehouse! Way up in the pines...with swinging bridges...straight out of a story book. I have a fantasy of someday having a wonderful treehouse.



4 comments:

willzmom said...

Great pictures! Looks like a good place to spend the day. Now about those cicadas-YUCK. We used to have "Horrah the cicadas are gone" parties in my single days!

Retroboutiques said...

Oh, I used to go there all the time when I was younger, I will have to do it again, although I am not as close to it as I used to be. Can you believe, I have not seen a Cicada yet? Knock on wood!

ShabbyInTheCity said...

What a place! I'd love to go there!
Great photos too.

roseroomnz.com said...

Hello, thanks for your comments,this is the only way I know how to communicate with other people via blogging. Yours was one of the ones I had originally read and I was in tears about the loss of your beautiful boy. I lost my boy last year - a boxer. Its like loosing a child so warmest thoughts to you.
And . . . love your shop site also, will be exploring further! Take carex